- Cell is as fundamental to the living organisms.
- Cells are an organisms's basic units of structure and function.
- All living organisms are made up of cells.
- The cells is derived from other cells by division.
- Cells contain genetic material of an organism which is passed from parent to daughter cell.
- All metabolic reaction take place within the cell.
- Pro:before, karyon: nucleus.
- Included all bacteria and cynobacteria.
- Small cells. 0.5-10.0 mm.
- DNA not enclosed by nucelar membrane.
- Genetic material is circular DNA.
- Cytoplasm contain few organelles.
- Ribosomes are present but small compared to Eukaryote.
- Cell wall are rigid structure, made up of polysaccharide (peptidolycan) with amino acid.
- Eu: true, karyon: nucleus
- e.g. animal and plant cells.
- Have chromosomes surrounded by well-defined nuclear membrane.
- Linear strands of DNA contained in nucleus.
- Contain many organelles(mitochondria, lysosome...)
- Flagella and cilia, if present, will construct from a system of 9+2 microtubules.
- Cell wall: contains cellulose(plant) and chitin(fungi).