Was life for young people in Malaysia better in the past than it is today??
Clarification of terms
-life: standard of living/ way of life
-young people: children, teenagers, young working adults
-better: comparative term>>> one is superior to the other
-past: period which is not recent
Yes, life for young people in Malaysia was better in the past than it is today
- Life was less stressful and moved in a slower pace.
- Higher stress is linked with not only physical but also psychological ailments like depression, hence the incidences of young people committing suicide due to inability to cope with studies, relationships, etc.
- Work: The working environment was less competitive. Today, though jobs are more specialised, the truth is people need to be able to multi-task in order to stand out among others.
- The cost of living is lower in the past as compared to the present.
- Young people were contented with the simple pleasure and entertainment in life.
Yes, life for young people in Malaysia is better today than it was in the past.
- Due to globalisation, Malaysia is influenced by trends in other parts of the world and has become more opportunities now. There are more opportunities open to different sectors of the youth population.
- Education: Many educational initiatives introduced to empower the young in this modern age.
- The standard of living is higher today.
- Ease of spending: many young working adults own credit cards.
- Though life may appear more stressful now, the range of entertainment and leisure activities that young people can choose to engage in has increased.
- People are more able and willing to pamper themselves.